Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids and are necessary for normal growth, healthy skin, arteries, nerves, and metabolism. Fish oils are excellent sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil are highly unsaturated and may easily undergo oxidation. The vitamin E present in Optimum Omega has antioxidant properties that help prevent the pro-oxidant effects of fish oil, and also provides nutritional benefit.*
- Contains EPA (Ecosapentanoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexanoic Acid) Omega- 3 essential fatty acids. They are called essential fatty acids because, like vitamins, our bodies can not synthesize them, so we must obtain them from our diets.
- EPA and DHA are precursors in an immune response that helps decrease swelling and inflammation. Typical North American diets are high in arachidonic acid (which come primarily from vegetable oils and processed foods), promoting inflammation. This makes Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation all the more important.
- Contains 1 mg of garlic extract which is equivalent to 500 mg of fresh garlic. Garlic has been shown to help support normal cardiovascular health.
- The inclusion of Vitamin E and deodorized garlic protect the gradation and maintains the purity of Omega-3 acids.
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) or two (2) capsule(s) with 250 ml of liquid with your morning and evening meals.
Each Softgel Provides:
Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 5 IU
- Marine Lipid Concentrate 1000 mg
Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
- EPA 150 mg
- DHA 100 mg
- Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids 50 mg
- Deodorized Garlic Oil 1 mg
**Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, Purified Water.